Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted February 6, 2019
At Highland Solutions, we strive to nurture an environment of social integrity and technical excellence. We believe that honesty and compassion can impact our clients' lives for the better. We believe technology is a means to an end and a way of making the world a better place.
The Front-End Application Developer is responsible for working with their team to deliver reliable software solutions, writing efficient and maintainable code and utilizing effective agile delivery practices. The Front-End Application Developer works on the team goals and shares learnings with their teammates in achieving success with our clients. They are expected to demonstrate a high level of creative and innovative solutions and be effective at communicating with clients as required to ensure project needs are successfully delivered.
- Working as a team member, helps design and develop custom features and application components using agreed team and company practices.
- Strives for excellence and quality and ensures testing/coverage is adequate for a maintainable solution.
- Analyzes and implements user stories based on objectives/acceptance criteria. Participates in test case development for expected functional and performance requirements.
- Participates in team and company growth. Updates development knowledge base, researches new design/development technologies and software products, participates in educational opportunities and other professional growth resources.
- Delivers value to customers. Enhances Highland's reputation by accepting ownership for quality. Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments through innovative solutions development.
- Holds themselves and their team members accountable for delivering high value and quality to clients, and provides high-transparency by identifying information needs and facilitating communication.
- Client-facing consulting experience
- 4+ years working with HTML/CSS/JS stack & related frameworks
- Advanced HTML and CSS authoring skills using non-visual tools and IDE’s
- Experience with AJAX, jQuery; rich web interface development, advanced form validation and security
- Advanced layout and design techniques, W3C standards compliance, application of frameworks such as Bootstrap, SASS/SCSS preprocessing
- Experience with reactive and event driven architecture
- Experience with responsive UI architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on an agile development team on multiple projects
Nice To Have
- Experience with Angular, Backbone, Node, React or other JS frameworks/environments
- Experience with native iOS and Android development
- Experience with a Laravel or OutSystems frameworks
- Relational database design and SQL experience
- PHP experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- E-Commerce Systems: custom development and integration, secure payment gateway interfaces
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone