Front End Engineer at Bitly
Location: New York, NY or Denver, CO
Posted February 6, 2019
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
Together we believe in an internet you can see across. We optimize the link so you can own your customer experience.
Bitly is seeking a Front End Engineer to collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build innovative, application dashboards used everyday by our customers consisting of top brands as well as our sizable base of free users.
Our engineering team works on challenging, product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn.
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to build, ship, and improve our core products.
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—or when not—to use them in a production environment.
- Write clear, concise, and tested client-side web application code that makes use of Typescript, React, Webpack, SASS, and other languages, libraries, and frameworks.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently.
- Have a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows.
- Write clear, concise, and tested code for client-side web applications.
- Be familiar with concepts like immutable data structures and functional programming.
- Have an interest building data visualizations, measuring and improving front-end performance, and gathering and reporting on user-centric metrics.
- Possess detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5.
- Demonstrate concern for application-side security models, client-side app hardening, XSRF, etc.
- Have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests.
- 3+ years of solid experience
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone