Frontend Engineer, Support Products at Stripe
Location: Seattle, WA
Posted February 6, 2019
Businesses that run on Stripe, from fledgling upstarts to household names, place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate, contextualized answers to their questions, 24/7, over phone, chat, and email.
The Support Products engineering team builds and improves Stripe’s support experience including paid support offerings, from end to end: how users get help within our products, how they get in touch with us when they have questions, and how our teams use internal tools to answer those questions. We’re accountable for the quality and reliability of this support stack and we use data and firsthand user research to continuously improve it. We’re a small, distributed team of capable, friendly, user-oriented engineers and we partner closely with Stripe’s world-class design, product, infrastructure, and operational teams. Providing great support to users of all sizes is culturally important to everyone at Stripe.
- Build, operate, and improve support products for all of Stripe’s users from one-person startups to Premium Support users and large enterprises.
- Work side-by-side with user-facing teams to understand their needs, develop short-term and long-term solutions, and deploy those solutions across our global 24/7 support operation.
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to the pixel-perfection of individual support interactions.
- Uphold Stripe’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same.
- Enjoy being a generalist, working on frontend, backend, infrastructure, data pipelines, or billing pipelines as needed to solve problems and delight our users. (You don’t need to be an expert in all of these but it helps to be interested in learning about them.)
- Seek out feedback from your users and empathetically advocate for them throughout the product development process.
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone