Full Stack Engineer at PSPDFKit
Location: Vienna / Remote
Posted February 5, 2019
We’re looking to hire a full stack engineer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Web. We are building a modern PDF SDK with technologies like Elixir, React, PostgreSQL, Docker, and WebAssembly. Your role as a full stack engineer will be to implement new features in both our Elixir-powered backend and our React frontend and to improve the reliability of our product.
- Work as part of a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule, all while preserving a work/life balance.
- Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of products for years.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Take the time to do things correctly instead of hacking together quick fixes.
- Collaborate with the entire company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Have a high-level understanding of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, WebSockets, cookies).
- Be eager to learn new technologies (e.g. Service Workers, WebAssembly, Phoenix).
- Have a strong interest in building full stack web applications, including a scalable and consistent backend and a fast, responsive, and accessible user interface.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working on a passionate team.
- Be eager to learn more about systems design, highly concurrent applications, immutable data, and functional programming models.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone