Lead Front-End Engineer at Nurx
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posted January 25, 2019
Nurx is looking for a proven engineering leader to join our growing Front End team. As the Lead Front End Engineer, you’ll own the Nurx ember.js web app, and be responsible for shaping key technical decisions as we scale to millions of users. You will lead the development of our Front End infrastructure from the ground up, and play a fundamental role in defining and developing our technologies and internal processes as we continue to grow!
- Lead the Ember.JS web app, and roadmap our front end infrastructure into the medium and long term.
- Define and evangelize engineering best practices as we scale our platform and team.
- Lead and mentor a team of driven, passionate front end engineers.
- Handle scoping and planning of all front end projects, and guide their implementation.
- Work closely with the product team in creating roadmaps and timelines for product development.
- Manage our existing front end testing infrastructure and help develop and optimize integration testing infrastructure.
- Play a key role in building out the front end team, including the hiring of various engineers, and refine our interview process to optimize predictive value.
- 5+ years experience building consumer-focused web applications, or B2B services in a technology company.
- 2+ years experience leading or managing an engineering team.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- Write readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Have a passion for building software development processes and engineering culture.
- Strong ability to evaluate and analyse tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS (LESS/SASS).
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone