Lead Frontend Engineer at Ask Lorem
Location: New York, NY
Posted January 21, 2019
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
You'll join the tech team and be in charge of crafting a delightful user experience for customers & experts on the frontend of our product.
What’s in it for me?
Get in early at a well-funded startup, hone your skills as a frontend developer, and work with friendly people that get things done.
- Translate product designs into delightful user experiences on the frontend.
- Architect frontend code to be scalable and understandable.
- Collaborate with tech team to move fast.
- Talk to customers and dig into the data to build the optimal solution for their problems.
- Build quick prototypes to validate ideas and test experiments.
- 4+ years in an engineering or product/design role at fast-paced, data-driven tech companies & startups with strong mentors to learn from.
- Experience having built or led frontend development on a well-designed React web-app.
- Extra points if you’ve tried freelancing before and understand that perspective first-hand.
- Technical chops with a frontend focus and fullstack/software engineering background.
- Strong design & product sense to lift Lorem brand and product experience.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work together with the rest of the tech team as well as our growth and marketplace teams.
- Independent and confident enough to create things from scratch without approval or assistance.
- Fullstack experience: Node, GraphQL, Mongo, AWS.
- Excellent written communication & collaboration.
- Bonus: working knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Motivated & driven
- Passionate & high-energy
- Intellectual honesty
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support
- Can’t be easily “blocked”
- Values good design
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone