Lead Frontend Engineer at Interstellar
Posted January 30, 2019
Interstellar is a new venture being incubated by BCG Digital Ventures – the company behind ventures such as Coup, Matmatch, and Heycar.
Interstellar is a new hub for geospatial data and automated processing workflows – think data from satellites, drones, IoT devices, and more. Our aim is to collate all this data in one place, and to give companies the data and tools they need to create their own geospatial solutions. We’re also building a marketplace, where geospatial data and solutions can be bought and sold.
We’re backed by one of the world’s biggest aerospace companies – so you can expect to hear a lot more from us in the very near future...
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer (m/f) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
As Lead Frontend Engineer, it’ll be your job to…
- Design and develop Interstellar’s web components and UIs using VueJS
- Pay close attention to UX, SEO, and maintainability
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers in small cross-functional teams
- Take responsibility for long term code quality and reliability
We would expect you to have experience...
- Developing feature-rich application frontends (around 6+ years’, as a rough guideline)
- Providing technical leadership within teams (around 2+ years’, as a rough guideline)
- Architecting large applications using VueJS (or similar frameworks), Webpack and Typescript
- With server-side rendering
- Tracking user behaviour/ A/B testing
- Building responsive/adaptive application interfaces
- Creating applications with an intuitive UX and a user-centric approach
- Integrating feature-rich REST APIs, and a high-level knowledge of backend development
- With test-driven development and continuous delivery
- Working in an agile environment
As well as...
- Fluency in English
- A willingness to live and work in Berlin
What else would be an added bonus?
- Geospatial knowledge/mapping experience
- Experience with technical SEO
- Being able to speak German
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone