Senior Front End Developer at Glofox
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posted January 25, 2019
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the boutique fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful. At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
We are looking to add a Senior Front End Engineer to join our highly motivated team; with a fantastic product; crafted with a cutting edge tech stack, and a huge opportunity to realise. We do things differently here, by getting our engineers working closely with Product Managers, Business and Marketing, right from ideation stage, so as a member of the team you'll be around to ask the awkward questions and try the scenarios that product managers or business functions don't dream up.
If you’re looking to join a scaling startup and you’re willing to work hard to solve some complex problems for a very large market, then we are looking for you.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, product owners, and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future fitness entrepreneurs
- Bringing up-to-date expertise in front-end web technologies to the team and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of our products.
- Contribute to our culture of shipping faster and being nimble to ever changing UX priorities
- 5+ years of experience building sites using bare-bones HTML, CSS and JS. We love and use frameworks, but you need to understand the fundamentals.
- Advocate of front-end development standards, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with client side MVC Frameworks specifically AngularJS (is a must) - ReactJS experience will be beneficial for our future
- Experience with local development tools (node.js, NPM, Grunt, Bower, Yarn, Webpack)
- Implementing responsive layouts with adaptive grids
- Experience in building PWAs
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Strong CSS3 experience, including pre- and post- processors.
- Secure programming - knowledge of common threats and how to recognise and avoid writing exploitable code
- Strong understanding and experience with Frontend performance and optimization techniques.
Please let the company know you found the job at Frontend Jobs - it helps us continue to grow, and build a better job board for everyone